If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (714) 558-7772

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Misuse Of Your Santa Ana Electrical System Can Lead To Fire Damages

8/1/2018 (Permalink)

SERVPRO Says Do Not Overload Circuits--An Electrical Fire Can Burn Down Your Santa Ana Home

Need Help with a Fire Cleanup in Santa Ana? Call SERVPRO for Help

Most homeowners in the Santa Ana area are actively aware of the risks of fires occurring in their homes. While there are many precautions taken to avoid this occurrence, there are also many mistakes made too often which persist in making this possibility even higher for your residence. One such consistent mistake homeowners make is not understanding their electrical systems.

While many residents of the area might understand the plug and use mentality of electrical outlets in their home, a failure to appreciate the sensitive nature of this wiring can lead to common strains on the wiring which can spark and cause disasters. To avoid these kinds of unfortunate fire damages in your Santa Ana home, here are some things that you need to know about your electrical systems.

Too often our SERVPRO technicians have encountered faulty wiring situations throughout the fire restoration work that we do for the area. Sometimes this is a result of the homeowner seeking to do their electrical work, and other times it is a result of aging lines that were in need of replacement that merely became overworked and ignited. A simple inspection of the lines by a certified professional can help you to avoid this overload of the wiring.

Many homeowners often disregard the warning from three-pronged devices and appliances not to get used in two-pronged (ungrounded) outlets. While this might go without incident for some time, a slight break in the power or surge through this outlet can overload both the outlet itself and the appliance wired into it. Either or both of these sources could then ignite, leading to the need for fire restoration work by our SERVPRO professionals, along with a broken appliance.

No homeowner wants to have to contend with fire damages in their home, but many of these circumstances can get avoided with the right precautionary measures and education about your electrical system. If you have already experienced an electrical fire in your home, give our SERVPRO of Santa Ana South technicians a call today at (714) 558-7772. 

Click for your local government.

Other News

View Recent Posts