Media Blasting During Santa Ana Warehouse Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO Helps Santa Ana Warehouses with Fire Damage Restoration
Santa Ana is a lively California city that is the second largest in Orange County, with a population of 332,318. Santa Ana is conveniently located in Los Angeles and is a large commercial center with plenty to see and do.
Spanish military officer Gaspar de Portolá led an expedition from Mexico City to California in 1769. Junipera Serro, a Friar, named the area Vallejo de Santa Ana, which translates to Valley of St. Anne. Several missions were established in the area.
After the Mexican-America war ended in 1848, California became part of the United States. In later years, Santa Ana became prominent in the aviation industry and grew in size and influence. The city suffered a downturn during the 1980s. But there were many efforts to revitalize the city center, and it is now thriving once again.
Explore the Arts in Santa Ana
The arts are essential to Santa Ana's ongoing success. A significant initiative between Santa Ana and the California State University, Fullerton, used the arts to encourage growth. The city purchased the university's Grand Central Art Center for $7.5 million, and the two organizations worked together to create the Santa Ana Artists Village around the Center. The project encouraged young artists to move into live-work lofts and run their businesses while enjoying life in an arts community.
Art lovers will find plenty to see and do in Santa Ana:
- There are murals in many places downtown – keep an eye out for them!
- You can see the beautiful Chiarini Fountain, which was designed to honor Santa Ana's artists and their contribution to the downtown area's success.
- Visit Bowers Museum, which is home to more than 100,000 artifacts and pieces of art. The museum heavily features Native American Art and works from Mesoamerica. You can also see beautiful examples of California's famous "plein-air" art. Plein-air means created outside.
- El Centro Cultural de México preservers and celebrates Mexican culture through art, displays, classes, and programs.
Family Adventures Near Santa Ana
Santa Ana is an ideal destination for families, being close to several well-known attractions:
- Santa Ana Zoo is home to many animals – including plenty of primates! Joseph Prentice donated the zoo's land because there be at least 50 monkeys in residence at all times.
- Disneyland is, of course, one of the most famous theme parks in the world and well worth a visit.
- Knott's Berry Farm started life as a roadside stand selling berries and is now a popular theme park with many different rides to enjoy.
Why Media Blasting is Useful During Warehouse Fire Damage Restoration
Santa Ana is known for the Santa Ana winds, strong, dry winds that bring hot weather, especially in the fall. Unfortunately, the Santa Anas can cause wildfires, and so local businesses need to be prepared for that.
If your warehouse needs fire damage restoration, SERVPRO is here to help. We have many tools at our disposal for fire and smoke cleanup. One tool that is especially good for warehouses is media blasting, in which we blast tiny particles of baking soda at exposed wood or brickwork. Media soda blasting is helpful because:
- It is gentle enough not to harm surfaces while still removing soot.
- It is more environmentally friendly than more chemical options.
- We can reach large and hard to get to places.
If your warehouse needs some fire damage restoration, call SERVPRO of Santa Ana South, SERVPRO of Santa Ana North at (714) 558-7772.