SERVPRO and the Remediation and Reconstruction of a Condominium
Fires are not always caused by a malfunctioning stovetop or a dryer that hasn't had its lint tray emptied often enough. Sometimes, even the most minuscule of events can cause a fire in your home, such as leaving a candle unattended. However, it is reassuring to know that despite whatever caused the damage in your home, help is close at hand to lend you professional assistance.
Tom Puorro, the owner of SERVPRO of Santa Ana South, commented that his team "got called out at three o'clock in the morning. At the time, there was a homeowner who had a candle lit in her bedroom." He goes onto state that when she left her room, the candle "caught the unit on fire."
Puorro explains that he has "twenty-seven years [of experience] for the restoration" industry. It was his expertise and professionalism that encouraged the owner of the four-unit condominium to work with SERVPRO long term. "We came out and did what we needed to do for emergency services...the homeowner liked what we started, [so] she went ahead and signed a contract to put us back together."
"We had to go ahead and board up some windows, we boarded up a ceiling [too,]" Puorro reflected as he began to explain all of the damage that took place and the process of restoring it. " This unit had asbestos. In California, it's pretty common, so we had to bring out an asbestos abatement company. They came in and removed all the drywall, all the asbestos." For SERVPRO to continue with the restoration job, it was essential for the asbestos to be removed, as it is incredibly toxic.
Once the asbestos threat was removed, Puorro and his SERVPRO team were able to get back to work. "We're in the process, right now, of reframing. We've completed the roof on the project already. We put new windows in, new drywall in, new electrical, [we] basically turned key." Here at SERVPRO, our primary goal is to always leave your home with you feeling "Like it never even happened."
If an accident causes fire, water, mold, or flood damage in your home, reach out for help immediately. Phone SERVPRO of Santa Ana South by calling (714) 558-7772. Night or day, we always are available to take your call and rush to the job.