Misuse Of Your Santa Ana Electrical System Can Lead to Fire Damages
Need Help with a Fire Cleanup in Santa Ana? Call SERVPRO for Help
Most homeowners in the Santa Ana area are actively aware of the risks of fires occurring in their homes. While many precautions are taken, hazards persist in typical homes. One such consistent danger is that homeowners are not familiar with their electrical systems.
While many residents of the area might understand the use of electrical outlets in their home, a failure to appreciate the sensitive nature of this wiring can lead to strains on the wiring which can spark and cause disasters. To avoid these kinds of fire damages in your Santa Ana home, here are some things that you need to know about your electrical systems.
Too often, our SERVPRO technicians have encountered faulty wiring situations throughout the fire restoration work that we do for the area. Sometimes, this results from the homeowner seeking to do their electrical work. Other times, aging lines that needed replacing became overworked and ignited. Avoid an overload of the wiring with a simple inspection of the lines by a certified professional.
Many homeowners often disregard the warning from three-pronged devices and appliances and use them in two-pronged (ungrounded) outlets. While this might go without incident for some time, a slight break in the power or surge through this outlet can overload both the outlet itself and the appliance wired into it. Either or both of these sources could then ignite, leading to the need for fire restoration work by our SERVPRO professionals, along with a broken appliance.
No homeowner wants to contend with fire damages in their home, but many of these circumstances can get avoided with preventive measures and education about your electrical system. If you have already experienced an electrical fire in your home, give our SERVPRO of Santa Ana South technicians a call today at (714) 558-7772.